Thursday 27 February 2014

Animation Idea

My Ideas

I want to animate 'Barbara,' an impression my brother does about someone who gets locked out of her home and begs for the love of Barbara. I plan to animate this with claymation as I have made dozens of plasticine models in the past and spent 3 years planning on a claymation series (until I scrapped it). The animation would take place on a street, outside a front-door. It would be 30-60 seconds in length and would feature only a voice recording of the Barbara impression as performed by my brother. The character would be produced much in the style of the Wallace and Gromit characters (to draw a similarity, as I will be using my own artistic style) - the mouth replacements would be based on Rex the Runt as this would be easier and quicker to use.


My second idea would be to animate a section from a podcast / radio show / stand-up performance, much the way that Chris Salt does with Lego. I would either animate this with Claymation or Lego - I could animate a section of the Adam and Joe podcast or a part of an Eddie Izzard performance, like the famous Lego Star Wars Canteen sketch.

Alternately, I would like to try cut-out animation and produce a sketch somewhat similar to Terry Gilliam's from the 60s, 70s and 80s - though I would prefer to use plasticine as I have had more experience using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment